Monday, June 28, 2010

Biggest Loser at work, the gym and a cat nap

Today was a good day. Though I did sleep in just a little longer than I initially anticipated, I finally dragged myself out of bed, into the shower and began my day. I decided to make good use out of my bike and rode up the Marlborough Mall for some errands before heading to Sunridge to run a few more. While I was at Sunridge, I remembered that a friend of mine at work had spoken with her gym about a free two week trial at the gym. I should have remembered how that works and that you don't go to a gym for free without first signing up for the remainder of the contract, but it was fine. I had wanted to possibly sign up there anyway because I love it there and the hours are great. Plus, it's literally between my work and home so I can go before work or after work and not lose too much time. Thank goodness for the c-train being right there. I do have a membership at another gym but their hours are horrible and it's very frustrating that I can't use it as much as I would like when it's more convenient for me. My membership is now at World Health and not only do they have showers in the change room, but they also provide shampoo, conditioner and a hair dryer. This means I don't have to lug those things with me if I go before work and worry about getting ready! I love convenience. Also, they now have a dry sauna. My pore's were very happy about that. I'll still be doing some things at home and going on my weekly bike rides around the park next to my house but I'll be able to make some good use out of the gym than ever before. What's great is that I can do some consultations with a trainer as well. I don't like always having someone there but I like having someone start out with me, show me what I need and when the next phase comes up, I can get some help in the next direction so this is perfect. I'm super stoked about it. I forgot to mention that at work we're doing a "Biggest Loser Challenge" and I'm determined to win. Lol My biggest motivation, however, is definitely my health so even when the challenge is complete, I won't stop. I've come this far though, so why would I?

The only thing that is very frustrating is my lack of ability to NOT get heat stroke. It seems to be getting worse as well. Ever s
ince I was young, no matter what I do, I always get heat stroke. It used to be just headaches but over the last couple of months, I've also been getting nausea and it's so annoying. I love being outdoors doing sports, riding my bike or going for a walk and if it's hot out I can't enjoy it. People keep telling me to drink more water but it doesn't make a difference. The manager for the trainers at the gym today suggested High Blood Pressure but directly after I tested it at Shoppers Drug Mart and I was Normal/Optimal. It was neither too low nor high so it can't be the issue. I don't know. If anyone reading this has any suggestions, please let me know. I would love to figure out how to deal with it because I just want to be able to enjoy the outdoors to it's fullness.

The benefit of where I live though is that I'm right next to a park so once it begins to cool down, I can hop on my bike and head over there for a good cardio work out. I can also do some strength and core exercises on the grass area so it's not all bad. It's making life a lot easier in that regard.

It is getting late and I think I'
ve fully recovered from my bout of heat stroke today so I'll be going to bed now. Thursday is my official first day at the gym but I may go tomorrow. If not, I have other plans. I do need to go shopping desperately and add to my fridge. I've got a few good things, but I definitely need a few more things.

That is all for now. My life now consists of work and working out. At some point I need to get more of a life, but for now I'm content with this. Once I have a car life can get busier. It's very warm in my room right now... gosh dangit. Anyone have a fan they aren't using?
No? Okay than. Pay Day I may need to take a trip to the store again for one of those.... Though short, summer sure likes to make life uncomfortable if you aren't a person who deals with heat very well.... this cat pretty well sums up what summer is usually like for me when it doesn't cool down...



Until next time.... bon soir!

1 comment:

Amykins Angel said...

hehe I very much enjoyed this!
So glad to hear your taking care of your health! GOOD FOR YOU! Oh my goodness Naomi! We NEED to get together sometime I miss you so much!!!!